Grand Solmar Vacation Club loves to help its many members explore the beautiful Baja. Here is another great day trip while visiting your resort.
This coming 2022 will be a year like no other people are feeling frustrated with not being free to come and go. Now more than ever, most people have itchy feet syndrome. They want to travel and explore. People wish for the adventures they once had and feel that we are not as invincible as we all thought we all want to live for the now. This is the time to travel more often, not just one or maybe two weeks per year. As our European counterparts have one month of vacation, we work and work. Let’s have some fun. So while you come for your vacation at Grand Solmar, here are some places to check out next time you visit us.
What to Do When in San Jose Del Cabo
Aside from friendly and hospitable people, rich culture and arts, sumptuous cuisine, and lively music, travelers flock to the Los Cabos area because of its scenic tourist destinations.
According to renowned travel specialists, San Jose Del Cabo is among the most beautiful places to visit in Mexico, a city found in Southern Baja.
Located 20 miles away from Cabo San Lucas is where San Jose Del Cabo can be found. Although highly populated, this city offers a laid-back ambiance. While Cabo San Lucas can be described as vibrant and roaring, San Jose Del Cabo is the opposite. The setting is relaxed and peaceful with pure and noble townspeople.
Grand Solmar Vacation Club explains known as Saint Joseph of the Cape in English
This place offers limitless possibilities to wandering tourists who are looking for a calm yet enjoyable escapade. While visiting, look forward to bathing in clean sandy beaches, kayak, snorkel, scuba diving in the nearby Cabo Pulmo, visiting famous landmarks, and many more.
This is the place to be if you want to be one with nature. Visit the San Jose Estuary and Bird Sanctuary, Cuadra San Francisco, Cactus Sanctuary, or the Wirikuta Garden.
• San Jose Estuary and Bird Sanctuary: A tourist referred to this itinerary as “a green relief” from the heart of San Jose filled with tall and monumental buildings. Expect to walk your way to the sanctuary while seeing different kinds of colorful birds along the way. Overall, the refuge is peaceful, an apple of the eye for nature lovers.
TIP: Bring water, use sunscreen and wear a hat when trailing up to the sanctuary on a hot, summer day.
• Cuadra San Francisco: This place is perfect for tourists who want to experience horseback riding with an expert. This area lies between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. If you have that inner cowboy spirit, then give this place a try. You will be trailing along a beautiful canyon with breathtaking views while riding well-trained and tamed horses. The staff is also friendly and approachable, so there will be no problem even if you are a newbie.
• Plaza Mijares: Plaza Mijares is the heart of San Jose Del Cabo. It is the center of the town where small shops, restaurants, churches and other establishments are located. Take a short walk around the plaza and enjoy local street foods.
TIP: Visit Plaza Mijares on Thursday nights. It is when local artists display their artworks for purchase to interested art aficionados.
Dance enthusiasts can come to the plaza during Sunday nights. Dance lessons are available during this time for locals and tourists alike to participate and enjoy the fun.
• Parroquia San Jose: Mexicans are known to be religious people. If you consider yourself as one, then be amazed at the well-preserved beauty of the old yet majestic Parroquia San Jose. Built-in the 1700s, this church is among the oldest in the entire area of the Los Cabos area.
TIP: Prepare yourself for a Spanish mass. Well, it is in a Spanish-speaking country, anyway.
• Flora Farms: Another must-visit landmark is Flora Farms.
A lot of tourists who have been here saying this place is excellent and the food is excellent. Flora Farms serves dishes made from the freshest ingredients – a real farm to the table setting.
While waiting for the food you ordered, you and your companion will be entertained by a piece of lively music. Customer service is top-notch, and every waiter is attentive to your needs.
TIP: Some guests say Flora Farm is a bit pricey. If you want, you can request for an itemized bill to ensure you are only charged what you have enjoyed.
• Cathedral of La Paz: Only a walking distance away from the city proper is the Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Paz. Although a relatively small church, tourists who are a fan of historical churches must give it a visit. The ceilings are made of wood; a reflection of how it was originally built back in the olden times.
Grand Solmar Vacation CLub Suggests Water Activities
If there is one thing that the areas around Baja, Mexico are known for, then that would be beached. When in San Jose Del Cabo, you will never run out of options in terms of beautiful beaches to sunbathe, swim, snorkel, kayak, scuba dive and many more. If you are a water sports lover, then this is recommended for you.
• Swimming and Snorkeling: It is not every day that you get to swim with animals in the sea. This said you would surely remember forever what’s it like to be underwater with friendly baby sea lions. Because the Sea of Cortez of San Jose is famous for having an abundant marine life, also watch out for manta rays and sea turtles that may pass you by.
• Whale Watching: While it is sad to know that the population of whales around the world is continually decreasing, it is uplifting knowing anyone who would like to witness this marvelous mammal can visit Cabo Pulmo, National Park. With a whale watching tour, expect to observe grey and humpback whales.
TIP: You will be in a close encounter with the whales. So close it is just a stone’s throw away. Hence, make sure your phone has a reasonable charge ready in order not to miss any moment of this breathtaking experience.
• Diving: Many beaches surrounding San Jose Del Cabo offer diving lessons in different diving sites. A child as young as eight to ten years old can take advantage of these lessons together with an expert trainer.
• Sunset Sailing: What better way to seal a fun-filled day than to book a sunset sailing cruise with your loved one? In this itinerary, you will be on-board a classy yacht for one to two hours while watching the golden sun hide in the infinite horizon. While afloat the blue waters, a piece of lovely music will fill the background, and an impressive array of appetizers and drinks will fill your hunger and thirst.
The itineraries mentioned above are just a few examples of the many amazing things you can do when in San Jose Del Cabo.
What are you waiting for? Grand Solmar Vacation Club suggests, go ahead and pack and make your day trip to the beautiful San Jose!