• Plaza Mijares: Plaza Mijares is the heart of San Jose Del Cabo. It is the center of the town where small shops, restaurants, churches and other establishments are located. Take a short walk around the plaza and enjoy local street foods.
TIP: Visit Plaza Mijares on Thursday nights. It is when local artists display their artworks for purchase to interested art aficionados.
Dance enthusiasts can come to the plaza during Sunday nights. Dance lessons are available during this time for locals and tourists alike to participate and enjoy the fun.
• Parroquia San Jose: Mexicans are known to be religious people. If you consider yourself as one, then be amazed at the well-preserved beauty of the old yet majestic Parroquia San Jose. Built in the 1700s, this church is among the oldest in the entire area of the Los Cabos area.
TIP: Prepare yourself for a Spanish mass. Well, it is in a Spanish-speaking country, anyway.
• Flora Farms: Another must-visit landmark is Flora Farms.
A lot of tourists who have been here saying this place is excellent and the food is excellent. Flora Farms serves dishes made from the freshest ingredients – a real farm to the table setting.
While waiting for the food you ordered, you and your companion will be entertained by a piece of lively music. Customer service is top-notch, and every waiter is attentive to your needs.
TIP: Some guests say Flora Farm is a bit pricey. If you want, you can request for an itemized bill to ensure you are only charged what you have enjoyed.
• Cathedral of La Paz: Only a walking distance away from the city proper is the Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Paz. Although a relatively small church, tourists who are a fan of historical churches must give it a visit. The ceilings are made of wood; a reflection of how it was originally built back in the olden times.
If there is one thing that the areas around Baja, Mexico are known for, then that would be beached. When in San Jose Del Cabo, you will never run out of options in terms of beautiful beaches to sunbathe, swim, snorkel, kayak, scuba dive and many more. If you are a water sports lover, then this is recommended for you.
• Swimming and Snorkeling: It is not every day that you get to swim with animals in the sea. This said you would surely remember forever what’s it like to be underwater with friendly baby sea lions. Because the Sea of Cortez of San Jose is famous for having an abundant marine life, also watch out for manta rays and sea turtles that may pass you by.
• Whale Watching: While it is sad to know that the population of whales around the world is continually decreasing, it is uplifting knowing anyone who would like to witness this marvelous mammal can visit Cabo Pulmo, National Park. With a whale watching tour, expect to observe grey and humpback whales.
TIP: You will be in a close encounter with the whales. So close it is just a stone throw away. Hence, make sure your phone has a reasonable charge ready in order not to miss any moment of this breath-taking experience.
• Diving: Many beaches surrounding San Jose Del Cabo offer diving lessons in different diving sites. A child as young as eight to ten years old can take advantage of these lessons together with an expert trainer.
• Sunset Sailing: What better way to seal a fun-filled day than to book a sunset sailing cruise with your loved one? In this itinerary, you will be on-board a classy yacht for one to two hours while watching the golden sun hide in the infinite horizon. While afloat the blue waters, a piece of lovely music will fill the background and an impressive array of appetizers and drinks will fill your hunger and thirst.
The itineraries mentioned above are just a few examples of the many amazing things you can do when in San Jose Del Cabo.
What are you waiting for? Grand Solmar Vacation Club suggests, go ahead and pack and make your day trip to the beautiful San Jose!